Monday, February 28, 2011

Freedom

Yesterday my in-laws were visiting. Before church they asked if they could take Joseph with them for a few days or a week. My first reaction was, "Oh no! I couldn't possibly allow that!" Then I went to church all by myself. Ah! All by myself. It had possibilities. If Joseph weren't here I could fix the shop roof and play with my new power tools and go shopping or out to eat or take the dogs to the dog park or.... hmm....

So after his short nap we loaded him and his things in the car with the in-laws. He did snuggle with Dad or I for about thirty minutes prior to their departure. However, his only request to his dad once he was in the car was that Daddy close the car door. He didn't even look back at us as they pulled out of the driveway.

He is, apparently, doing just fine. Michael has called a few times to check on him, but I figure that if anything comes up, they will call me. Besides, there are so many things I can get done! Like writing in my blog! And wood working. Did I mention that I am making pens now? Spouse is going to deal with the business end of things and I will make the pens. He hopes to make vast amounts of monies. Or at least enough to pay for the hobby.

No comments: